Monday, January 4, 2010

My Christmas Cookie Adventures

Well, we're back from all our Christmas fun and the wedding extravaganza of the year. I can finally post some of the things I was working on for presents! I did a mason jar full of the dry ingredients for the most delicious white chip orange cookies. They're a huge hit when my husbands Army friends come over for dinner. Here's an image of my own little army of mason jar cookies:


The recipe is inside the label and is as follows:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
2-3 tsp grated orange peel
2 cups (12 oz. package) white chocolate chip morsels

Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop dough by the tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Enjoy!