Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Looking to Reorganize a bit ...

So I'm going to attempt to try and change this blog over from a blogspot blog to an actual lindsaywilliamsdesign website with blog, portfolio and maybe even (gasp) potential store. Any advice you'd like to pass on would certainly be appreciated.

We're getting ready to head out in the next couple of weeks to Ft. Drum, NY near Watertown. We will all be excited to get back into some colder weather and are looking forward to finally having a fall season again. My goals are to settle on into a better design routine while maintaining the wonderful clients I'm currently working with. I hope to start that Etsy shop I've been talking about and have been busy brainstorming a start on my Sketchbook Project! The theme they chose at random for me is: " It must be ...", hmmm... hopefully I will come up with some spectacular material.

In the meantime I've found a great little article on supporting your favorite bloggers. I've posted 3 of the 5 ways and you can check the rest out at  tonic.com.


Five Ways to Help Your Favorite Bloggers

Show the love for your favorite blogger with these quick five tips.
logs, more often that not, are a labor of love. But sometimes they generate enough revenue to put food on your favorite blogger's table. Either way, blogging can be a lonely endeavor, and it's up to you, the reader, to help make sure that your favorite blog sticks around for your to keep reading it.

What can you do? Here are five simple tips, some of which come straight from the bloggers' mouths. (Er, fingers.)

1. Follow the blog. Don't just bookmark it in your browser. If there's a "follow" button, click it. This gives your favorite blogger a better idea of the size of his audience, so he knows his message is getting out there, and it shows other blog visitors that the blog already has visitors, which adds a legitimacy to the site.

2. Pick the best way to follow it. If you use an RSS reader like Google Reader, follow the blog there. Google Reader and other services recommend blogs to readers of similar blogs, so that's where I follow all of my blogs. It's a good way to expand the blog to new readers.

3. Spread the word about their posts on Facebook and Twitter. "Referrals and links are gratifying, because it means that I'm reaching people with my goofy posts," says Christopher Mills, who writes the Space: 1970 blog about old science-fiction TV shows.

Referrals work. "I meet people all the time who have not only read my blog but can mention specific quotes," says musician Randy Granger. "Often, their friends mentioned it on their Facebook pages or other social networks."

(find the last 2 ways to support your favorite bloggers here)